The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum update

2 posters

Go down

Forum update Empty Forum update

Post by Lee Marchant Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 am

just a little update,

• I have added a multi-quote feature for when replying to several posts at one time, you can tick the check box on the right hand side of the post to use this new feature.

• I've also removed BARLA News and placed all the existing threads inside BARLA CHAT. In the future, once the forum becomes busier, the News forum can be re-introduced.

• The calender is now fully operational, and if anyone wishes to add club events, important dates etc,and it is very easy to do...

start a new thread (as normal) and underneath the preview/send buttons, ,you will see the calendar options, where you can associate a calendar date with the thread, so for example, if you have a club dinner on the 6th June, post the details as normal, and then add the calendar date before pushing the send button.

• There are also some new features added to the activities section (down the right hand side), including a pub quiz, and an ugly rugby player creator!
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://barla.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Forum update Empty Re: Forum update

Post by Big Bad Bri Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Lee,

any chance of an idiots guide to the forum?

I can see there are some great bells and whistles youv'e added, but haven't got a clue on how to use most of them,

Big Bad Bri
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Marchant Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:26 am

Hi Bri,

there is a full list of most of the features in the FAQ (at the top of the screen)

If there is anything specific you need help with, please pm me, or put a thread up so everyone else can see the answer.

Other than that, my advice is, just to click on things and see what they do, you won't break the forum or your computer!

Having said that, I'm happy to put together a guide to the features I've added which are not available on most forums. Give me a little time to work on it.

Lee
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Marchant Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 pm

A handy little add on for internet explorer here as well,

it adds an automatic spell checker to text boxes (such as messageboards)

for those who use message boards a lot, it's well worth the 2 minutes it takes to download and install.

download here
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content