The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new player

2 posters

Go down

new player Empty new player

Post by waltonjon_2 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:59 am

hey guys,

Im an aussie and ive just recieved my british passport so im very keen on coming over to the uk next year, problem is i know no one and have no idea of any team to play for. '
I have been pretty successful in my juniors, represented Northern Territory for rugby league, rugby union and touch rugby. I also represented sunshine coast and brisbane for rugby league. I also played in the worlds largest school competition called the Arive Alive Cup. I play any where form the centres to second row.

Just hoping some one can give me some info on clubs, cheers

waltonjon_2
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

new player Empty Re: new player

Post by Doyen Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello Jon,
At the standard you have played you should be looking to play in the National Conference League or 1 of the regional league Premier Divisions. Most of these do not pay matchday expenses if you are looking to get paid. However, as long as your visa allows there are plenty of connections to set you up in some kind of employment. The club I was with in the 90's played in the NCL premier division and had a Kiwi player on 9 month extended visa. He stayed with myself rent free and we legally organised a job for him, so he paid UK taxes. When he left at the end of his stay the Taxman even sent him a rebate. There are dozens of antipodeans playing in England spread across mainly the counties of Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria and obviously London. They each have differing merits new player Icon_lol .

If you are still keen in time for next season I can put you in touch with a well known club in Yorkshire that is trying to rise to its former glories of the 80's. They are very socially active and are in a renowned RL community.
Post a contact and I can give you further info regardless of the location where you would prefer to play.
regards
Doyen.

Doyen
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by waltonjon_2 Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 pm

gday doyen,

cheers heaps for your reply its a massive help with some direction. I actually dont need a visa because i just got granted my dual passport, which means i have an aussie passport and a uk passport so work wise will be all good seeing as i dont need a visa.
Im willing to play for any team in any competition if some one can help me with work and some where to stay.
My email is waltonjon_2@hotmail.com . i would prefer to talk over that rather then an open chat site.Also when does the season over there start.?? cheers
jon

waltonjon_2
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down