The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League

4 posters

Go down

Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League Empty Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League

Post by Paul Stephenson Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 am

Administrators in the Hull & District Youth League were today celebrating the latest playing figures that have shown an increase in players taking to the field this winter season.

The previous record was set in 2004/5 but this season has seen the record broken and extended on three seperate weekends resulting in a massive 12% increase in players pulling on a shirt and taking to the field to play the game of Rugby League since the last records was set.

The Hull & District Youth League would like to congratulate all its volunteers at clubs who have been instrumental in helping and continue to help grow the sport of Rugby League in the area.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League Empty Re: Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League

Post by Lee Marchant Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:14 am

Thats great news Paul, considering the general trend.

well done to all involved.
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://barla.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League Empty Re: Playing Record Smashed in Hull & District Youth League

Post by Big Bad Bri Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:51 am

whats your secret Paul? Question

Big Bad Bri
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:27 pm

That's excellent, Paul. Has the success of two Super League clubs in the area had anything to do with it? Or do you have a recruitment formula which, I am sure, many areas would wish to copy?

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:52 am

Thank you for your comments, there is no secret other than honest hard work.

Treat all your clubs the same, no matter how hard you have to be on occasions.

Work on those fixtures and the volunteers out there will generally do the rest.

Two Super Leagues clubs I am sure is helping, but we have registered growth in the area for 7 of the last 8 years - ironically the only year we stagnated was the one year we had a paid development officer.

He left 12 months ago and has yet to be replaced.

I will be leaving such posts to other people to report from this day on, as I said before I pride myself on treating everyone the same and I believe honesty is a better policy even when sometime its not what people want to hear.

Unfortunatley events elsewhere on this forum have led me to request my admin rights be removed and after responding to anything concerning me today this will be the last time I intend to visit the forum.

I'm not a great lover of them, they attract all sorts and it didn't take long for this one to do the same in my eyes, and I have better more important things I could be doing than sitting here watching people have a dig.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down