The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium

5 posters

Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium

Post by Sam Armstrong Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:43 am

As some of you may already be aware, the North West Counties Youth & Junior Leagues are this week jointly running the SponsorBank Lancashire Youth & Junior Cups at Widnes' Stobart Stadium. A great venue undoubtedly and a superb platform for these young players to display their skills but sadly one that due to anticipated numbers may feel somewhat empty.

Am I alone in thinking that there is a need for a much much smaller "mini" stadium to host Amateur events with perhaps a capacity of 2000 but quite enclosed to feel intimate and noisy??? Should there be a national stadium for smaller numbers or, even better, regional equivalents?

How great would it be to have a fan-packed day for these Amateurs (irrespective of age) in such a venue which could be shared with other grass based sports i.e. football, rugby union, hockey?

Anyone out there with a few million to spare? I have a dream!!! Build it and they will come!
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://www.nwc13-15arl.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty Re: Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium

Post by Lee Marchant Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 am

How about the new sports village at Leigh?

here
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://barla.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty Re: Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium

Post by Sam Armstrong Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 am

Admin wrote:How about the new sports village at Leigh?

here
Too expensive (hence using the Stobart for our Finals) and still a 10-12,000 seater .... I'm ambitious but I think even I'd struggle to fill that!!! scratch
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty stadium

Post by samsung Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm

If you keep running this "Sam Armstrong Show" - you may well be successful in getting money from the £29+ million the RFL have got Sam, then you can build your stadium.

Why, they may even give you the money just to hear the back of you!

samsung
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Marchant Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 am

Sam Armstrong wrote:

here
Too expensive (hence using the Stobart for our Finals) and still a 10-12,000 seater .... I'm ambitious but I think even I'd struggle to fill that!!! scratch

I didn't realise it was that big..

In that case I'll second samsung's motion on the Sam Armstrong stadium... Laughing
Lee Marchant
Lee Marchant
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://barla.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:03 am

I know sometimes I may be a bit vociferous and keep banging my drum about an issue I'm passionate about but at no point is the "Sam Armstrong Show" about Sam Armstrong but, always, others. Anyone who knows me will (I hope) bear me out on that one but don't we need others to do the same and be as passionate about our Amateur game??

samsung wrote:Why, they may even give you the money just to hear the back of you!
I fear you may be right .... am a pest to them too but am on a mission to get the best for our players and have barely started ...... yet!!

lol!
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mick doyle Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:02 am

Admin wrote:
Sam Armstrong wrote:

here

I didn't realise it was that big..

In that case I'll second samsung's motion on the Sam Armstrong stadium... Laughing

It would have to be more the size of wembly. Very Happy

mick doyle
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mick doyle Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:04 am

Sam Armstrong wrote:I know sometimes I may be a bit vociferous and keep banging my drum about an issue I'm passionate about but at no point is the "Sam Armstrong Show" about Sam Armstrong but, always, others. Anyone who knows me will (I hope) bear me out on that one but don't we need others to do the same and be as passionate about our Amateur game??

samsung wrote:Why, they may even give you the money just to hear the back of you!
I fear you may be right .... am a pest to them too but am on a mission to get the best for our players and have barely started ...... yet!!

lol!

Rumour as it your in a power struggle with Aunt H Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

mick doyle
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty NEW STADIUM

Post by samsung Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:20 am

Laughing Laughing In that case, you'll never win!

samsung
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Need For A National or Regional Mini Stadium Empty Backing for stadium

Post by FevLions Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:58 pm

I agree with Sam we need probably 2 stadiums that could lend there selves to being a quality venue for ALL amatuer Finals semi-finals to be played that the amatuer players can look upon as a challenge to get there !

Whilst also maximising revenue at these events to the grassroots clubs and also giving a home to elite training camps for amatuer players that can and WILL go on to make the grade !

The ground doesnt have to be big say 4,000 max but maybe a suitable venue ie a club already with facilities in middle of yorkshire and one in middle of lancashire that could be expanded upon saving money etc but also ticking all the right boxes along the way, ie indoor training facilities, weight gym, small seated stadium events room and bar facilities also that can be enclosed so as to be able to take a gate etc

The location/s needs to be within easy reach of M62 / M1 / A1 /M6 routes also

Some possibleities exist in Yorks like Dudley Hill/Bradford or even our our Featherstone Lions dare I say it lol! where we have space aplenty to expand

This along with ALL leagues getting there fixtures correct could work as a solution

A stadium solely for Amatuer rugby in Yorks may not be utilised enough to sustance itself?

FevLions
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down