The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

+2
pandasdad
Paul Stephenson
6 posters

Go down

NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW Empty NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Post by Paul Stephenson Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:51 pm

UNDER 18s:
Ryland's/Elland/Saddleworth V Leigh East
Oldham st annes V Leigh Miners or Shaw cross

UNDER 16s:
Broughton Red Rose v Widnes St Maries

Hull Isberg v Blackbrook

UNDER 14s:
Rylands Sharks v Normanton Knights

West Hull v Shaw Cross Sharks

Last edited by Paul Stephenson on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : U16 Hull Isberg beat Fryston 36-10 / U18 draw added)
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW Empty Re: NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Post by pandasdad Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Well you've got me confused, Paul: some say that's not difficult!

According to the results post, Fryston beat Lock Lane 36 - 10 and Fryston v Isberg is due to be played on Sunday 8 March. Therefore the original post would have been correct. What's it to be?

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW Empty Re: NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Post by leighminersrangers Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 pm

u18s draw?

leighminersrangers
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Paul: let me try to help you with this. The match between Fryston and Lock Lane was due to be played on 15 Feb, but was postponed because of the weather,

The following week (22 Feb), while over on this side we would have had no choice but to play the cup match, both teams played others (taken from your report on another thread):

Castleford Lock Lane 28 East Leeds 4
Fryston 24 Hunslet Warriors 16
Thornhill Trojans 26 Hull Isberg 12

While it is possible that a mid-week match was played, it is both unlikely and unreported, so please can you get this sorted out?

I have to arrange a coach to a venue in Yorkshire. I can accept that if the earlier tie hasn't been played, I'll just have to wait. But if it has, I can probably get better terms for longer notice - provided that I can find out where I should be going!!!

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW Empty NORTHERN RAIL BARLA NATIONAL CUP SEMI-FINAL DRAW

Post by Carole Land Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:47 pm

Fryston beat Castleford LL 26 points to 6
Hull Isberg played Fryston last Sunday and won

The draw as posted by Paul is correct
Carole Land
BARLA Youth and Junior Chair

Last edited by Carole Land on Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info missed)

Carole Land
Youth and Junior chair
Youth and Junior chair

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mary.poppins Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:37 am

What about the 18's ? confused

mary.poppins
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:03 am

U18's is there now.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by once a ref Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 am

Why does the word 'brewery' come to mind? How difficult is it to put the correct four teams into a draw?
Is it any wonder that the Lancashire Cup is a much better organised competition this season?

once a ref
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:28 am

Sorry, which bit is wrong?
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mary.poppins Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:05 am

Paul Stephenson wrote:UNDER 18s:
Ryland's/Elland/Saddleworth V Leigh East
Oldham st annes V Leigh Miners or Shaw cross

UNDER 16s:
Broughton Red Rose v Widnes St Maries

Hull Isberg v Blackbrook

UNDER 14s:
Rylands Sharks v Normanton Knights

West Hull v Shaw Cross Sharks

Paul, I know you don't sort out the fixtures but is there any clue to what is going on or where things are up to regarding.
Rylands v Saddleworth or Elland and when if ever we will be playing the games as especially as the quarter finals should of been 2 weeks ago.

mary.poppins
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by once a ref Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:26 am

Sorry, which bit is wrong?

The original post which, before your your edit, was details of a draw which included a team who had been knocked out.

once a ref
Youth team
Youth team

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Careful Reffy, I've been admonished for asking questions on this forum regarding draws.

My response was that if the powers that be wish to conduct their business ie. match results and draws, on a forum, they should expect the questions to be asked that way.

In my opinion, which I have expressed several times before, results and draws should be published on the website and contact names and numbers for queries provided accordingly.

And, results and draws should not be able to be changed, seemingly abitrarily, by administrators, who by their own admission are not in control, without a proper explanation as to why the change has taken place, as has happened this week. That way we all save a lot of time trying to find out what's what.

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:36 am

once a ref wrote:Sorry, which bit is wrong?

The original post which, before your your edit, was details of a draw which included a team who had been knocked out.

Hang on now your questioning my integrity, would you like to make clear WHICH team I edited because I do not believe I did. I have made two edits

1. Clarified Hull Isberg beat Fryston
2. Added the U18's

This much I will say regardless of what you respond with, its the last time I do add the draw because I am not here to be publically accused by someone hiding behind a made up name whoever you are.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:37 am

pandasdad wrote:Careful Reffy, I've been admonished for asking questions on this forum regarding draws.

My response was that if the powers that be wish to conduct their business ie. match results and draws, on a forum, they should expect the questions to be asked that way.

In my opinion, which I have expressed several times before, results and draws should be published on the website and contact names and numbers for queries provided accordingly.

And, results and draws should not be able to be changed, seemingly abitrarily, by administrators, who by their own admission are not in control, without a proper explanation as to why the change has taken place, as has happened this week. That way we all save a lot of time trying to find out what's what.

And in answer to that one, the edits are labeled clearly, may I draw your attention to:-

Last edited by Paul Stephenson on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : U16 Hull Isberg beat Fryston 36-10 / U18 draw added)
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by once a ref Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I am not doubting your integrity or the integrity of anyone else who posts on here. My comments were about the accuracy of the original item.
I suppose this post is a bit pointless since you have done a runner

Once a ref aka Neil Black,Warrington with dummy still in mouth, ball not taken home and toys still in pram.

once a ref
Youth team
Youth team

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:12 pm

study

Last edited by pandasdad on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Withdrawn)

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down