The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nothern Rail National Cup Results

+3
wilfii
Sam Armstrong
pandasdad
7 posters

Go down

Nothern Rail National Cup Results Empty Nothern Rail National Cup Results

Post by pandasdad Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:16 pm

My apologies to those of you who thought you might see the results. At 1:00am Monday morning I thought I might have been able to see them by now as well, but we have been let down. The results had to be in by 3:30 on Sunday afternoon or else there would be fines for those idle people who run around looking after teams and have nothing else better to do than bow to the whims of over-blown officials, but apparently they are a secret, or else somebody can't be bothered - after all, it's only a BARLA sponsored cup - why should the results be on this forum? They've not bothered to update their website since last year's finals and we've just had round 3, so why does this laggerdly approach surprise me?

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Nothern Rail National Cup Results Empty Re: Nothern Rail National Cup Results

Post by Sam Armstrong Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:15 am

The Under 14's results affecting the NW Counties teams have been on our website since mid aftenoon on Sunday http://www.nwc13-15arl.co.uk/results.php

unfortunately, having been bypassed this season in the organisation of the competition, collating results etc as BARLA decided in favour of the District Leagues performing this role we have not chased other results as we have previously ..... sorry!!!!
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-18

http://www.nwc13-15arl.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Nothern Rail National Cup Results Empty one under 18s result

Post by wilfii Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:07 am

ince rose bridge under18s 20 shawcross24

wilfii
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:24 am

I believe results this year are being sent to Hilary Steel so I assume we are waiting for one or more of the following

o Hilary to post them on here
o Hilary to pass them to someone at BARLA to post them on here
o BARLA to post them on here

Or there could be a club who has not yet rang their result in?

If Hilary has forwarded them to the BARLA office (fax for example) I expect they would be picked up today in office hours?

Like Sam we have over in Hull collected our own too (though not published as we wanted to publish them all togther).

If Hilary is reading this and wants to email / fax or even plain ring me up I'll gladly put them on the site.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 am

We, as a League have always tried to keep our own clubs up to date regarding results and post them as soon as possible irrespective of whether it is a League, Cup or friendly result, not in any race with others, but simply because many of the clubs participating have a good rapport with teams in their age-group and their players and coaches too wish to know how our North West Counties team's have done.

Does anyone know when and where the next round, particularly for the Youth/Junior games, will be drawn?
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:40 am

Sam same here, no race, clubs here talk and know each others results probably well before the phone in deadline.

As the one looking after the Hull websites I prefer to update them with everything at once.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 am

Apparently not all clubs rang their respective results in and these are being chased today hence no full set of results (and a partial set of results in todays press).
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nothern Rail National Cup Results Empty sidall v lock lane

Post by wilfii Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:16 am

does anybody know when siddal u18s and lock lane tie will be played?

wilfii
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Marauder Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:25 pm

pandasdad wrote:My apologies to those of you who thought you might see the results. At 1:00am Monday morning I thought I might have been able to see them by now as well, but we have been let down. The results had to be in by 3:30 on Sunday afternoon or else there would be fines for those idle people who run around looking after teams and have nothing else better to do than bow to the whims of over-blown officials, but apparently they are a secret, or else somebody can't be bothered - after all, it's only a BARLA sponsored cup - why should the results be on this forum? They've not bothered to update their website since last year's finals and we've just had round 3, so why does this laggerdly approach surprise me?

I think you will find that the Rugby League services took over running the BARLA website when they moved into West Yorkshire House - have they run off with the pass words for the website as well as the BARLA phone number ???

Marauder
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 14

http://www.thornemoormarauders.ik.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Marauder wrote:I think you will find that the Rugby League services took over running the BARLA website when they moved into West Yorkshire House - have they run off with the pass words for the website as well as the BARLA phone number ???
Hmmm ... but they let Steve Manning post the Mark Norris Construction NW Counties Open Age results on Sunday .... how strangely selective of them!! Suspect
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by once a ref Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Sam, that wasn't what Marauder wanted to know, his point hasn't now been scored. Embarassed

once a ref
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:50 am

once a ref wrote:Sam, that wasn't what Marauder wanted to know, his point hasn't now been scored. Embarassed
Hmmm ... how about we award him the points for his own goal??? Basketball

Still no answer to my earlier question ... when are the draws for the next round of the Youth/Junior National Cup being done? Anyone???? Question
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:37 am

Come on, Sam! As an Administrator you should know that you won't get that question answered because it isn't in the "Questions to BARLA" section of the forum! I'm sure you can move it - and if you do find out, can you let us know please?

There are 24 teams chomping at the bit to find out, not only who their next opponents will be, but who they potentially MIGHT be from the results of Sunday's matches, which, it would seem, now come under the jurisdiction of the Official Secrets Act!

Last edited by pandasdad on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by pandasdad Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 am

Sam Armstrong wrote:
Marauder wrote:I think you will find that the Rugby League services took over running the BARLA website when they moved into West Yorkshire House - have they run off with the pass words for the website as well as the BARLA phone number ???
Hmmm ... but they let Steve Manning post the Mark Norris Construction NW Counties Open Age results on Sunday .... how strangely selective of them!! Suspect
In fact every news item going back to the beginning of the year was posted by BARLA's PRO!

pandasdad
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by once a ref Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:53 am

Come on chaps, behave. This forum is a medium for mutual backslapping or a place where non believers get taken to task.

once a ref
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 am

I have just spoken to BARLA and I should have the results in the next hour or so and will post them on their behalf as soon as I receive them.

The draw I have just been informed will take place this evening at the BARLA offices using DRAWMAKER and will be communicated hopefully later this evening or failing that tomorrow morning.

Hope that helps.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks for making the enquiry and posting the info on here Paul. I'm hoping that the draw itself is also posted either here on the forum or on the BARLA website as, only having Associate status, we no longer receive e-mails/letters from the Secretary to enable us to keep our teams up to date. No
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mick doyle Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:53 am

Sam Armstrong wrote:Thanks for making the enquiry and posting the info on here Paul. I'm hoping that the draw itself is also posted either here on the forum or on the BARLA website as, only having Associate status, we no longer receive e-mails/letters from the Secretary to enable us to keep our teams up to date. No

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

mick doyle
Youth team
Youth team

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:07 am

Sam - as soon as I have it I will post here, I've made arrangements for it to be emailed to me so will keep an eye out this evening.

Results going on in next post once I save this.
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Armstrong Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 am

Sam Armstrong wrote:

See they've done it again Marauder .... RL Services have allowed another post on "their" BARLA website by SM but, surprise surprise, no-one has mentioned anything whatsoever about the Northern Rail/BARLA National Youth & Junior Cup Draws or dates the games are to be played.

For crying out loud, this is supposed to be the Association's premier Youth/Junior competition yet it seemingly doesn't even warrant a mention on their own website ... bet the Sponsor's are absolutely delighted with their coverage whilst those who don't frequent here have to guess who their opponents are and when they'll meet.

It's a good job that Paul took the time and effort to find out what was going on or every one of the teams still in the competion would've still been in the dark.

Another poor show in my opinion. No
Sam Armstrong
Sam Armstrong
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Stephenson Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Hang on, don't drag me into the BARLA / RFL debate, I'm happy with them both!
Paul Stephenson
Paul Stephenson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down