The BARLA-UTMOST Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BARLA website

2 posters

Go down

BARLA website Empty BARLA website

Post by Tricky Nicky Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Can someone please tell me who should update the web site. The Life Members list needs updating as does the Board list and the Honours List. Can you also inform me if the Constitution is upto date and correct as there is no date on the same so it's unclear if this is out of date too.

Tricky Nicky
Junior player
Junior player

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

BARLA website Empty Re: BARLA website

Post by Hammer 13 Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:47 am

You’re spot on Nicky and despite your user name, it isn’t a trick question.

Out of date life members list, out of date board list, out of date honours list, pretty pathetic all round I’d say. The sad thing is that in this internet age, where websites are predominant in promotion, the BARLA site has been very much neglected.

I’m unsure of the reason behind how it was allowed to deteriorate into such a sorry state, although the bottom line is that it’s the responsibility of BARLA to ensure that the site is kept up to date and really there’s not much that can be said in the association’s defence.

One thing however in defence of BARLA and it should be acknowledged, is that PRO Steve Manning, has kept the front page moving pretty quickly with a comprehensive news service. Especially over the last month or so with the two tours (Open age – South Pacific, under 23’s – Ukraine) but elsewhere, the site is sadly littered with misinformation and suspended pages etc. An unsatisfactory situation which needs to be addressed very quickly.

It’s my opinion that BARLA could have been wrongly advised from the offset and would have been far better served had they gone for a simpler option. This would have been far easier to service and would have certainly proved more cost effective.

For an example of this, just access www.barlaontour.co.uk which was built and is serviced by Jamie Hobbs. With it you’ll see a more twenty first century, fast moving, attractively presented site, which as the name suggests is dedicated to the BARLA tours.

I am aware now, that plan is in it’s infancy to get the BARLA site back up to speed at the earliest possible moment. Plus there’s an extended plan which would present a fresher looking site, including bags more features such as all the weeks stories, fixtures and results. This would allow you to access the BARLA website for accurate, up to date, information, making it your one stop shop on a Saturday evening, enabling you to catch up with all the amateur rugby league news. Also on the drawing board is an up to date club information section along with a comprehensive section of BARLA’s Touring history.

And yes Nicky the constitution is out of date, there are changes that need to be made on some rules following the last AGM.

Hammer 13
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Nicky Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:51 am

Thanks for your reply but I asked who was responsible for the website, I don't think the Association is responsible, I think the Board or its delegate should ensure that this information is up to date for it's members. I don't want to appear pedantic but these changes need to be made now not when the new wesite has come up to speed which could be years.

Tricky Nicky
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Nicky Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:52 pm

Oh well an out of date website a non reply and BARLA states it is the Association for Amateur Rugby League, amateur web site more like. The Association will never move forward in the 21st century with this sort of attitude and committment from its elected officers.

Tricky Nicky
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer 13 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 am

Dear me Nicky,

Was this message sent automatically without checking to see if any of the requested updates on the BARLA website had been made. A quick glance at the specific areas of concern pointed out by you, could make you eat your words.

"Can someone please tell me who should update the web site. The Life Members list needs updating as does the Board list and the Honours List. Can you also inform me if the Constitution is upto date and correct as there is no date on the same so it's unclear if this is out of date too."

That was your first post on this matter ten days ago. If you could be bothered to check the website you would find that; life members list is up to date, award winners are up to date, board members up to date and the constitution is up to date and all these have been since Thursday 16th July. Yes there's no date stating when the constitution was last updated - I made a mistake and that will be added. There are still lots more things that need to be corrected/updated, that action is ongoing and will be completed in the next couple of days.

So Nicky did you take the trouble to look before you posted your latest comment or does the attitude and commitment that you describe the association to have adopted, apply to you.

And if you have a specific area of the site that you are not happy with and may have been neglected, please pass this on so that it can be made right. You also asked who was responsible for updating the website, I have now claimed responsibility for this and working with Supersys - who built and service the site - will do all I can to keep things up to date.

I apologise for the non reply, but maybe in this case - actions have spoken louder than words.

Hammer 13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Nicky Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes I checked the Life Members so I was amazed at your rather cutting comments. You may have updated it but its still wrong there are people on the life members list who are now sadley dead. As you have claimed responsibility can I be so cutting as to state actions have not spoken louder than words. Are you now eating your words?

Tricky Nicky
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer 13 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

OK Nicky, you’ve got me on that one and as for eating my words, yes I’ll enjoy them on a rather large slice of humble pie – please accept my apologies for any distress I seem to have caused you with my cutting comments.

But come on let’s be honest with each other shall we, you could have directed me straight to the specific problem saving a lot of time in resolving the issue and not having to be amazed by my comments.

People wanted honest answers on this forum and I don’t think that I’ve tried to do anything other than what has been asked. If you don’t appreciate this then just carry on with your little paper chase and it will take a little longer to put things right, but we'll get there won't we.

And Nicky, I’ve sent the information to Supersys to amend the life members section, this time I sincerely hope that I’ve got it right.

Hammer 13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky Nicky Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:26 am

Thank you for your efforts. I didn't think this was a little paper chase, I pointed out flaws which I had seen, maybe if we all did that we would have things up and running smoothly. I don't appreciate your sarcasm and I certainly don't warrant it. If this is your attitude then I leave you to it.

Tricky Nicky
Junior player
Junior player

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammer 13 Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:10 pm

Nicky,

You seem to have misinterpreted my honesty as sarcasm and I can assure you, that you're way wide of the mark.

The point that I did try to get over is that with the help of others, the job in hand would be far easier.

I don't have an attitude and if you've formed that impression then you're wrong. I haven't meant to offend you or anyone at all, but if there is any specific area which I seem to have dealt badly with, then please accept my sincere apologies.

And please, don't just leave me to it, if there are any mistakes then I would rather you point them out to be amended.

Thanks for all you help Nicky, I hope to hear from you again.

Hammer 13
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down